You can’t stop yourself from buying your dream home. In all seriousness, it is in times like these when a crisis or pandemic strikes that we can move to our dream homes.
Moving companies can help you make your move easier with their expertise in packing and moving your belongings. It might seem difficult to determine if moving companies are available in these uncertain times due to the coronavirus pandemic. The question is: Are moving companies necessary services?
Movers are an important business
It is essential that yes, moving companies provide essential services most movers are essential to the business. This is because movers don’t just help households but also help a wide range of industries.
Moving has been an industry for over a century. Essential service for COVID-19. They are responsible for securing the logistical front in our fight against COVID-19. This is because moving companies offer the most reliable services when it comes to moving personnel and essential supplies.
Moving houses is a common task. You may be able to hire movers to help you. These are important points to remember:
- Attention to details about the company. Moving companies are still considered essential services even though they operate in a different way. Customers and employees should pay attention to the details your potential moving company gives about their protocols when operating with the virus. Some companies permit physical contact, while others may ask homeowners to observe from a distance.
- Most likely, special protocols for coronavirus will be used by movers. Because they are likely to work with a small staff, moving companies that operate during the pandemic will need to have special protocols. Moving employees will need to follow special protocols, such as hand washing or using hand sanitizer. They also will need regular updates from their team. Customers service representatives and other administrative staff will most likely work remotely.
- Most likely, services will change. Moving companies are likely to have a limited staff. This means that moving services that involve interacting with others will likely change in terms of their offerings, costs, and manpower. Customers should expect that moving companies will need to update their quotes and adjust them for the pandemic. These could include fewer people during the move or new and improved protocols.
- Different rules will apply to different areas and cities. Moving companies may be essential services but cities and regions will have their own protocols. Some states or cities allow moving companies the ability to move houses, while others may require that moving companies be limited to moving and storage of personnel and essential supplies. Customers should be aware of moving plans and van lines, but also the regulations in their locality regarding safety and health, social distancing, and operation of certain services.
- Customers will need to adhere to certain protocols. No matter what moving company you choose, you will likely be asked to follow certain protocols to ensure safety. No matter if you are moving long-distance or using other services, safety will always be our top priority. To ensure their safety, customers should follow all company protocols.
Every Moving Company is different. Some may offer services while others might not.
These services, like Partial or Full Packing storage, transportation loading, unloading, and delivery are usually not affected by COVID-19.
It’s a good idea to contact your provider to confirm that the services you require during your Relocation will be available in your local area.
What precautions should my moving company take?
Moving companies need to have face-to-face contact with their customers to provide services. Therefore, it is important that they follow the CDC Recommended Guide and take all precautions to protect their customers.
These are the safety precautions you can expect from your moving company.
- Offer Virtual Surveys
- Provide Clean Boxes and Packing Materials
- Follow these Hand Washing Guidelines
- Follow the Social Distancing Protocol
- Wearing masks where permitted
If your move was scheduled before the outbreak of the coronavirus, it is likely that your relocation has been completed by your moving company. They are considered essential services.
It’s best to get in touch with your moving company to make sure it is still happening.
Personal decision-making is key in deciding whether to move during the coronavirus epidemic.
Moving companies may have safety measures in place, but you might not feel comfortable moving forward with your relocation.
A postponement is an option if you are flexible with your move date but are worried about exposure or are part of a high-risk group.
If you are unable to change your move date, ask a friend or family member, who is not in a high-risk group, to take over the moving process on your behalf.
Get a Moving Company Today!
You might be unsure if you require professional help with your long distance mover. This is why it’s worth hiring a moving company. You can trust their expertise and range of specializations to help you pack, transport, and unpack your belongings in your new house.
This information will help you to ensure that the service you hire is not only capable of meeting your needs but is also licensed and registered to work in your area. Good luck!
Texas Movers Group provides long-distance and local moving services in Dallas, Frisco, Plano, Allen, Carrollton, Richardson, Katy, Celina, Montgomery, Texas.